Imagine an ideal surface that offers beauty, strength and durability. Quartz offers natural elegance with dramatic colours, vibrant patterns, luxurious sheen, strength, and minimal maintenance, the combination of which equals a solid value. Quartz has a surface that is smooth to the touch yet nearly indestructible, and it gives you the design flexibility you need with many colours and patterns to choose from without sacrificing style. Quartz surfaces impart an air of style and sophistication while ensuring superior quality and reliability. The versatility and elegance of quartz make it an ideal choice for a variety of residential and commercial applications. The essence of quartz is unmatched beauty and unsurpassed durability.
Advantages of Quartz
Drop a knife or spill some wine – the minor mishaps that might scratch, chip or discolour other surfaces are no problem with quartz. Quartz is:
- Low Maintenance: Quartz’s lustrous surface maintains a permanent sheen, so sealing, conditioning and polishing are never needed.
- Stain and Bacteria Resistant: Quartz is nonporous, so it won’t absorb stains or harbour harmful bacteria. The surface helps keep kitchens and baths sanitary.
- Heat Resistant: Quartz is designed to be extremely resistant to heat and can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time without being damaged. Although quartz is heat resistant, it can still be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden. Hot pads should be used when placing hot skillets, pans, or other heat generating appliances on the surface.
- Scratch Resistant: Quartz has a durable surface that is designed to withstand normal use. While it is resistant to scratches, cuts and chipping, cutting directly on quartz should be avoided. Even though natural quartz is one of nature's hardest surfaces, using cutting boards will help to ensure long lasting beauty.
- Easy to Clean: Soap and water or mild cleansers are sufficient for cleaning. Harsh cleansers and abrasives are never needed, and they should be avoided. Do not use anything that contains bleach